Welcome...thanks for stopping by. Contact me at jlsparklz@comcast.net

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Houston Trip

I LOVE HOUSTON, TEXAS!!!!

My first time ever to attend THE 2009 International Quilt Festival. All I can say is WOW! I had and shared a wonderful time with my dear mother Rosalyn, my Aunt Linda and Grandmother Bea. My Grandma is a fabulous quilter and has been featured in several quilting magazines and calender. She put the needle in my mom's hand and my mom passed it to me. Thanks mom! We all enjoyed each other and really had a great time.


Mom and I enjoyed the hotel and it's mod style. It was lovely. We enjoyed cocktails early evenings and warm cookies w/milk after dinner. Dang was this FUN!


Some art we ran into in the hotel. It appeared to be aluminum cans that had been cut into rings...super cool and so colorful. Didn't see the artists name anywhere to be found.

1 comment:

  1. You have some wonderful pictures, and looking at them brings back great memories. I was a BLAST, wasn't it. So much to see, to buy, and to share.
    AL

    ReplyDelete